So, the monkey shoes I made for Tag didn't really fit him. He also HATES anything on his feet, and with the velcro strap closure, he'd pull it right off. I knew that they needed to be different. I had some of those leathery (name brand, expensive) baby shoes for Clare when she was a baby and decided to try and make some like that. I used the other pattern as a template, but mostly for size. I changed the shape of the top and made it into two pieces for the toe and heel. It took a little manipulating once I had the pieces cut out and I ended up having to make the "toe" piece wider since it didn't fit the first try. Overall, they came out great and the best part is that he can't get them off.
The top of the "toe" is edged with a piece of twill tape. The top of the "heel" has a casing made from two pieces of twill tape sewed together and has a loop of elastic through it which keeps the shoe on tight.
This shows the furry felt inside.

2 comments:
AMAZING!!
They look FANTASTIC, Andrea!!!
Susan
Oh my, you should sell these. Most babies don't leave their shoes on and these are so cute. You're amazing!
Post a Comment