Thursday, July 21, 2011

My Little Pioneer Girl





A few months ago I helped the Young Women in our ward make clothes for the Stake Pioneer Trek. Clare saw me working on one of the bonnets and wanted one, so I made one for her. The bonnet pattern had instructions to make ones for children too. It's a really cute bonnet, but I wish I had made it bigger. (Clare, apparently, has a big head) I also made a smaller version of the simple skirt and apron. Then, for the shirt, I found a cute children's "peasant" style shirt tutorial. It was pretty simple to make, except that I wanted to make the sleeves 3/4 length (the pattern is for short sleeves), and I added the length to the wrong dimension of the fabric pieces. So, I ended up having to just make it short sleeved, and then I added an extra piece to it to lengthen it after it was sewed onto the shirt body. Now Clare is all ready for the Stake Pioneer Day Celebration on Saturday!





No comments: